Categories are the “aisles” or “shelves” that allow you to organise and display your listings to buyers. You can create up to 300 categories with up to three levels (e.g. Sporting Goods > Golf > Balls). Your categories can be unique - they don't have to match eBay's category structure.
Please note all these steps are made in your eBay Seller Account in eBay:
This process will require some up-front effort to categorise your products.
Be sure to re-check the “Other” category on a regular basis for new products, as they will default to this, until being assigned a Custom Store Category.
1. Set Up your Custom Store Categories
Log into your eBay seller account and go to https://www.ebay.com.au/sh/str/edit
Scroll down and ensure you select "Store Categories"
Now go to https://www.ebay.com.au/sh/str/category and click the Add Store Category button if you would like to add a top level category.
A popup window will appear
Enter your category name.
You can click the add more button to add more than one category.
Click the “Save” button.
- To add sub-categories below your top level categories, just click click the “Edit” dropdown next to the Category you want to add these to.
- You can create a maximum of 300 custom store categories with up to three levels (e.g. Sporting Goods > Golf > Balls).
2. Assign Custom Store Categories to your products
The fastest way to do this is as follows:
Go to the Listings tab and click Active https://www.ebay.com.au/sh/lst/active
- Click on the “Search” tab so that the search bar appears, then select “Store category” and choose “Other” and click the “Search” button.
- Select all products which belong in the same “Custom Store Category” (e.g. “Screen Protectors”) and click Edit then “Edit Selected” from the drop down.
- Select Edit fields and choose Categories from the dropdown
- From the popup window choose “Change To” for “Store Category” and then select the appropriate store category. You can also do the same for Store Category 2 if appropriate.
- Click the “Save and close” button.
- Finally click the Blue “Submit Changes” button and then the “Save and Close” button in the popup window.
Repeat this process for each of your store categories, until there are no products left assigned to the “Other” store category.