eBay have recently announced that from 30 September 2019, eBay will require the most important item specifics for listings in certain Home & Garden and Fashion categories in addition to the other categories previously announced.
Item specifics in eBay is additional product data that can be searched/filtered by. This is typically things like material, style, size, colour etc and is different depending on the type of product.;
See the Item Specifics article in the eBay Seller Centre
Step 1: Find out the data that eBay requires
Now that you know the 'Name' and 'Value' you can add them in BigCommerce.
Step 2: How to add product attributes in BigCommerce for eBay item specifics
In this example, products in the eBay category Clothing, Shoes, Accessories:Women's Clothing:Jumpers, Cardigans requires the Item Specifics for Colour, Material, Neckline and Style.
- Login to BigCommerce and go to the Products section in the left navigation menu. Choose a product you need to add data to.
- Click 'Custom Fields' from the top menu.
- In the Name field enter eBay followed by the name of the item specific, then the value. Please note that eBay requires these tags to be case specific eg
- Name Material Value Merino Wool
- Name material Value merino wool
- Click 'Save'