You have full control over which products you choose to sell on a marketplace using the different Blocking features available. This article will explain how to block and unblock products.
There are several ways you can block products:
- Block specific products by searching for a product, selecting those products, and then blocking
- Block by product exclusions i.e keyword, retailer categories, brand, on sale products
- Bulk block a specific list of SKUs
- Block new products automatically
- Block variants by keyword
Note: If you use any of these blocking features, it is specific to a marketplace. If you want to block a product(s) from all marketplaces you sell on, you will need to repeat the same steps for each marketplace.
1. How to block/unblock specific products
How to block a single product or multiple single products:
- Go to 'Products - On eBay Australia' (or the marketplace you wish to block a product from selling on)
- Search for the product you would like to block e.g by SKU, keyword
- Check the check box on the left - you can check all or check individual products.
- Click 'Actions - Block all selected from.. '
- Products will then show as blocked:
How to Unblock a product
- To unblock a product, search for the product, check the box on the left and then from the 'Actions' button menu choose 'Unblock from..'.
- If you block or unblock a product, make sure you go to the Dashboard and click 'Upload to Marketplace' to push any changes to the marketplace.
- If you DO NOT want to end the listing on eBay (you may want to keep the listing active and keep sales history but stop selling it temporarily) and want to just send an inventory of '0' then from the 'Action's button menu, choose 'Force all selected to zero stock quantity'.
2. How to block by Product Exclusions - keyword, retailer category, brand, on sale
If you add products to these categories/brands in the future then the products will automatically be blocked and will not list on the marketplace.
- Go to 'Settings - <marketplace> - General'
- Scroll down to the 'Product Exclusions' section
- Type in a keyword(s), categories, brands or check the exclude on-sale products box.
- Start typing for auto-suggest.
- On-sale will block products where the Sale price is less than the RRP.
- Click 'Update Settings'
- Go to the Dashboard and click 'Upload to Marketplace' if you need to remove existing listings.
3. Bulk block a specific list of SKUs
- To get started you need a list of eBayLink / Omnivore SKU's you want to block, If you don't have a list, you can generate it via the Export CSV button found under 'Products - On eBay Australia'.
- Filter what products you want to block/ unblock.
- Go to 'Products - Bulk Block'
- Paste the list of SKUs in batches of 300-500 (any more than this can cause a timeout 504 error).
- Choose the marketplace - if you want them blocked across ALL marketplaces choose All, otherwise, specify.
- Click Apply
- Once completed, make sure you do an upload to the marketplace to ensure the products are blocked/unblocked.
4. Block new products automatically
In some cases, you may want to block any new product that you've added to your eCommerce store. For example, if you have set up Category Mapping rules which automatically map and list a product in a particular category but anytime you add a new product
This is an admin-only feature, submit a request to support to have this enabled.
5. Block variants by keyword
If you have variants you don't want to sell on a marketplace e.g if you have an extra-large size that you only want certain customers to be able to purchase you can block the variant on the product import from your eCommerce store.
- Go to 'Settings - Administration'
- Scroll down to 'Exclude variants with these attributes'
- Type in a keyword of the variant you don't want to sell e.g in this example any variant with the word 'Wholesale' will be blocked.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and Click 'Update'.
- Go to the Dashboard and click 'Import from eCommerce store' to create a full import sync from your website to remove the blocked variants.
- Whenever you Block/Unblock you need to go to the Dashboard and click 'Upload to Marketplace' to remove any products that are listed.