TABLE OF CONTENTS
Overview & Setup
If you'd like to offer eBay Guaranteed Delivery, simply follow the below steps:
- First check you meet the Requirements for the eBay Guaranteed Delivery program, which are as follows:
Use Postage Rate Tables to specify shipping costs and times
Please see the following FAQ for more info on Postage Rate Tables.
Offer change of mind returns to your buyers
Please see the FAQ "How do I modify my returns policy for eBay" for more info.
Set payment to 'Require Immediate Payment'
ALL eBay listings created by our platform have "Require Immediate Payment" set by default.
Be an Above Standard or eBay Top Rated Seller
More info on your eBay seller status can be found here.
Ensure you use a tracked delivery service and upload tracking to eBay
Please make sure you enter the tracking ID and carrier information for eBay orders in your platform (e.g. Shopify, Big Commerce etc.).
Our platform will then update your orders in eBay with this information automatically.
- Next, Opt-in to the eBay Guaranteed Delivery program.
- Setup your eBay postage rate tables
Please see the following FAQ for instructions on how to do this.
- Associate any listings you want to guarantee, with your postage rate table(s).
This can be done in eBay by editing the corresponding postage Business Policy(s), and assigning the correct postage rate table to it.
- Log into your eBay seller account and go to "My eBay --> Account --> Business Policies".
- Click on the name of the postage policy you wish to edit. e.g. "basic"
- From the drop-down, select the name of the postage rate table you wish to be applied to all listings, assigned to this postage business policy.
- Click the "Save" button to apply this update to ALL listings assigned to the postage business policy.
Note: If you plan to create more than 1 postage rate table, you'll need to repeat this process for the other corresponding postage business policies.
Maintenance of eBay Guarantee Delivery
Once you’ve completed all the required steps listed above, and eBay Guaranteed Delivery has been enabled on your listings, you’ll need to ensure you continually meet eBay Guaranteed Delivery’s performance requirements:
- 95%+ on-time delivery
- 95%+ tracking number upload
For further information and FAQs on the eBay Guaranteed Delivery Program, please see here: https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/guaranteed-delivery