You can define a group of products by different criteria to create a Product Group. You can then apply rules to change theh Product Data (eg price, description) of the products in that group .
You can create Product Group(s) based on criteria such as
- Weight (useful for shipping)
- Retailer Category (useful for product titles or product templates)
- Marketplace Category (useful for product titles or product templates)
- Price (useful for promotions or an ongoing price increase/decrease)
- SKU or MPN
You can use product groups for:
- Shipping Policies
- Pricing or Promotions
- Additional Images
- Size charts
- Optimsiing your Product Titles for search rankings
- Descriptions and product templates
Here are some example uses cases for product groups:
- Create a Product Group which contains all Products that weigh over 5kg then create a Shipping Policy for that Product Group and charge a higher shipping rate than the rest of your products.
- Create a Product Group which contains all products from one of your categories such as 'Mens Shorts', then create a promotion to decrease the price of those products by 10%.
- Create a Product Group and add an image or a size chart to those products when listed on a marketplace
- Create a Product Group and add a different location or returns policy for eBay.