This option is currently in beta mode and is not fully supported, if you would like to use this please contact support:
If you're an existing seller on eBay and want to start using Omnivore or eBay Link as your integration tool you can keep your existing listings on eBay - this means you retain your eBay sales history and anyone 'watching' your listings.
How it Works
- Omnivore/eBay Link import products from your ecommerce store, then when Omnivore/eBay Link is connected to eBay, it imports your active listings from eBay.
- The listing from eBay is then matched to a product in Omnivore/eBay Link based on the Product Title. If we can't find a product in Omnivore/eBay Link to match the product to, you can search for one and match it.
- You (the retailer) check the listing in eBay is matched to the correct product in Omnivore/eBay Link then 'LINK' the product.
- Once it is linked, Omnivore/eBay Link connects to eBay and essentially takes 'ownership' of the listing and updates the listing on eBay with the product data in Omnivore/eBay Link. i.e the Product title, description, price, inventory etc from Omnivore overrides the existing product data. NOTE: The eBay listing ID remains the same so the eBay sales history is kept and anyone 'watching' the listing are still 'watching'
- Omnivore also uses the Category from eBay that the product is listed in and adds that Category to the product in Omnivore - this reduces time during set up.
Please note: this feature does not work for WooCommerce retailers who are using eBay Sync.
Get Set Up
Step 1: Connect Omnivore/eBay Link to your eCommerce Store
- Depending on your ecommerce platform we have a variety of extensions/apps/plugins to use. See Install the App for further details.
Step 2: Add/Choose the eBay Marketplace and Set it Up
- The eBay Marketplace must be set up in Omnivore/eBay Link. When you install the app you will be asked to choose a marketplace to connect to, choose eBay Australia
- Complete the Set Up Wizard. You will be asked to authorise Omnivore/eBay Link to access your eBay Account, Set up your Returns, Payment and Shipping Policies and complete your eBay Product Listing Template.
- Once you have finished this, you will be taken to the Dashboard in Omnivore.
Step 3: Link your current eBay Listings to a product in Omnivore/eBay Link
- In Omnivore/eBay Link Go to 'Products - On eBay Australia'. Click to the Tab: Link eBay Listings'.
- You should be able to see the listings we have imported from eBay on the left of the table, and in the right of the table the product in Omnivore/eBay Link that we have matched the eBay listing to.
- You will need to review each listing and decide if you want to keep the listing and link it with the matched product in Omnivore/eBay Link or end the listing.
- To end a listing i.e you don't want that listing on eBay anymore, click 'End Listing on eBay'. To keep a listing and link it with another product click 'Link'
- When you link a listing, Omnivore/eBay Link will then be able to take control of the listing and update it with the product data we have matched it with from Omnivore/eBay Link. This means that the product title, description, price etc that we have in Omnivore/eBay Link will be what is used on eBay for that listing after we have linked with it
Here are some scenarios when linking products:
The PRICE is different on the existing listing to the price in Omnivore/eBay Link
- The price on eBay may be different to what you have in your ecommerce system. When you LINK a product, the listing on eBay will use the price we have in Omnivore/eBay Link that we import from your ecommerce store.
- If you want to change the price of the product in Omnivore/eBay LInk, you can set up a promotion.
Listed on eBay with no match in Omnivore
- Search for a product by typing a minimum of 3 letters in the box
Blocked Products in Omnivore
- If you have blocked a product in Omnivore it means you don't want it to list on eBay. If the product is blocked in Omnivore and you link it with a listing, you will END the existing listing if its linked.
- If you don't want to end the listing and want to link it, go to the All Products tab and unblock it.
- If you have an inactive product in Omnivore/eBay Link it means at some point we have imported the product from your ecommerce store but its no longer available/active e.g it may not have inventory. If the product is inactive in Omnivore/eBay Link and you link it with a listing, you will END the existing listing if its linked.
- If you don't want to end the listing and want to link it, go to the product in your ecommerce platform and add inventory to re-activate it. You will need to do a full sync from your ecommerce store with Omnivore/eBay Link to update the inactive product. Go to the Dashboard and click 'Import from <ecommerce store>.