You can have one policy for all products (the default) OR you can have multiple returns policies for different products using product groups.
One Returns Policy for all Products
- Go to 'Settings - eBay Australia - Returns'
- If you have one Returns Policy for all products, your set up will look like this:
- Click 'edit' to make changes to the policy and make the required changes:
- Click 'Update'
- Go to the Dashboard and click 'Upload to eBay' so the changes are reflected on eBay.
Multiple Returns Policies
To have different returns policies for different products:
- First, create the product group to define which products you want to have a Returns Policy that is NOT the default.
- Go to 'Products - Product Groups' and click 'Add a product group'
- Create the product group based on a criteria such as brand, weight, price or category or you can specify SKUs. Click 'Create Product Group'
- Once you have your product group created, go to 'Settings - eBay Australia - Returns'
- Click 'Add new return policy'
- Complete the fields needed for the policy - make sure you select the product group you created above.
- Click Update.
- If you want to test that the policy is going to be applied, check on one product. Find a product in the Products section and view the page which includes all data on that product. Scroll down to the section 'eBay Australia Product View' and click 'Upload to eBay Australia'
- If the product uploads successfully check the listing and the returns policy on eBay. If its all working correctly, go to the dashboard and click 'Upload to eBay' to update all products in the product group.
Please note: from May 2018, eBay is simplifying the returns options to "Returns not accepted, 30 days or 60 days".
They will also be removing the option to charge a restocking fee, and removing the "Additional return policy details" field.
More information on this change can be found here: https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/SU18-1/Simplifying-Returns