Yes, by using eBay’s domestic postage rate tables, you can specify variable postage costs for up to 15 different regions across Australia.
The 15 domestic regions eBay has designated are shown below:
eBay offers sellers the choice between 3 different types of postage rate tables, which are:
- Item: Specify a fixed cost per item, for each of the 15 regions.
- Weight: Specify a fixed base cost and a cost per KG for each of the 15 regions.
- Surcharge: Specify postage surcharges to charge buyers in certain regions a specific amount in addition to the postage cost you specify in a listing.
For more information, and the most up to date FAQ’s on eBay's postage rate tables please see: http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/ebay-for-business/rate-tables
To setup a postage rate table:
- Log into your eBay seller account.
- Select “My eBay” from the top-right.
- Hover over the “Account” tab and select “Site Preferences”.
- Under the heading “Postage preferences” select the “Edit” link next to “Use postage rate tables”.
- First select the type of postage rate table you wish to use (i.e. Item, Weight or Surcharge), then enter the required cost for each region. Once complete hit the “Apply” button.
Note: To offer free postage be sure to enter a zero rather than leave a value blank.
Now that you have setup your postage rate table, you need to apply it to your listings.
To do so:
- From the left-hand menu select “Settings → Configuration”.
- Click on the “eBay Australia Shipping Options” tab to expand it.
- Select the “edit” icon next to the shipping policy named “basic”.
- In the “basic” shipping policy, select “Yes” for the “Enable Complex Shipping” radio button and click “Update”.
- To apply this change to your products on eBay click the “Synch policies” button.