PREREQUISITE: Before you can use the solution below, please ensure that ALL of your products have a product weight value entered in your existing system.
To set up shipping costs which are calculated using the item weight, you need to set up a "Weight" based domestic postage rate table in eBay.
Using a "Weight" based eBay domestic postage rate table, you can specify a flat rate cost, plus a cost per KG, to ship an item to 15 different regions across Australia.
The 15 domestic regions eBay has designated are shown below:
For more information, and the most up to date FAQ’s on eBay's postage rate tables please see:
To setup a "Weight" based domestic postage rate table:
- Log into your eBay seller account.
- Select “My eBay” from the top-right.
- Hover over the “Account” tab and select “Site Preferences”.
- Under the heading “Postage preferences” select the “Edit” link next to “Use postage rate tables”.
- First select "Weight" from the type of rate table drop-down field, then enter the flat rate cost to ship to each region, plus the additional cost per KG. Once complete hit the “Apply” button.
Note: To offer free postage be sure to enter a zero rather than leave a value blank.
Now that you have setup your postage rate table, you need to apply it to your listings.
To do so:
- From the left-hand menu select “Settings → Configuration”.
- Click on the “eBay Australia Shipping Options” tab to expand it.
- Select the “edit” icon next to the shipping policy named “basic”.
- In the “basic” shipping policy, select “Yes” for the “Enable Complex Shipping” radio button and click “Update”.
- To apply this change to your products on eBay click the “Synch policies” button.