The Set Up Wizard is designed to step you through connecting eBay LINK to your eBay store and setting up the following:
- Authorise eBay LINK to access eBay on your behalf
- Your eBay Returns and Payment policies
- Your eBay Product Listing Template
- A default shipping policy
You will need to know/have:
- Your eBay User ID
- The email address of your PayPal Account
- A logo hosted on a https URL for your Product Listing Template
Accept the Terms and Conditions
Account Set Up:
- If you are not an Australian business you can leave the ABN blank.
- If you have existing listings on eBay, eBay LINK will send inventory of '0' to any listing that we did not create.
Connect to eBay
- Please check that you are NOT signed into a personal eBay account otherwise you can authorise your store to an incorrect eBay User ID.
Follow these steps to ensure you authorise eBay LINK to the correct eBay ID:
Login to eBay
Store Settings - Location
- This should be the location of where your products are shipped from.
Store Settings - Payment and Returns Policies
- You must provide 30+ day money back return policy for your product to qualify for eBay Premium Service (amongst other criteria e.g Shipping)
- More info: eBay Returns
- Your Payment policy is simply 'Immediate Payment Required' as you must use PayPal to use eBay LINK.
eBay Product Listing Template
- eBay LINK comes with a default listing template. The set up wizard steps you through adding information to the template such as:
- About Us - what does the customer want to know about your business? Why should they buy from you?
- Shipping - how do you ship your products? What options do you provide - standard? express? handling time?
- Returns - explain your policy on returning an item. What will you accept? What won't you accept? When do you have to return by?
- Payment - simply add 'We accept PayPal' here
- Most of this information should be available on your own eCommerce website so feel free to copy and paste and adjust for eBay best practice. Please do not add any contact details as this is against eBay policy. More information about best practice for filling out this template can be found at this link.
- You can change the content of this anytime after you've completed the set up wizard by going to 'Settings - eBay Australia - Product Listing Template'
eBay Product Listing Template - Logo
- You will need to add your Logo to the template. Your Logo URL must be HTTPS, if it is http only eBay will remove or stop the listing of your products, example https://yourstoredomain.com/content/uploads/yourimage.jpg
- It must be provided in a URL that anyone can see publicly in a browser and we recommend that the dimensions are no wider than 900px by 400px long.
- You can often get a Logo URL if you hover on the logo on your homepage and right click to copy the link
- You can also upload your logo to a product that is not visible in your ecommerce store to create a Logo URL
- You will create a default shipping option here during the set up wizard
- You can change the shipping at any time by going to 'Settings - eBay Australia - Shipping'
- After the wizard finishes you can also set up calculated shipping, weight based shipping and different policies for different groups of products.
- Choose the top level categories that you want to sell your products in, it will help with our recommendations.
Go to 'Settings - eBay Australia - Configuration' and input a date into the 'Do not import orders before this date' section under Your Orders and put in today's date.
If you get to the Dashboard and their is a Product Sync in progress, just wait for it to complete. If you have 100 products, it will take around 20 minutes. If you have over a 1000 it may take an hour or two. It is progressing though.
Note: If you have more than 10,000 products it can take a day. If you have that many products please contact us so that we can look at the timing and frequency of the syncs with your store.
Choose Products to List
- Once the Sync has finished, you can choose Categories for your products
- See also the eBay Set Up Checklist for other things you may want to consider before you start selling on eBay
- When you're ready to push products up to eBay, click 'Start Selling'
- See also the eBay Set Up Checklist