eBay have announced that they will retire the eBay Sync extension for WooCommerce on 31st December, 2018. After this date, features such as automatically synchronising of orders and item inventory may no longer function. eBay Sync customer support will also not be available.
eBay Sync retailers can switch to eBay LINK to connect their WooCommerce store to eBay.com.au.
What is eBay LINK?
eBay LINK is an app that you can connect to your WooCommerce site that will create and update listings on eBay.com.au then orders are sent back to WooCommerce for fulfilment.
eBay LINK will keep your listings including inventory and orders on eBay in sync with WooCommerce reducing any manual work or double handling.
How it works
- eBay LINK imports products from your WooCommerce store
- Once products are in eBay LINK, you can make changes to the price, product title and description without changing them in WooCommerce so that they are optimised for selling on eBay
- eBay LINK creates the listings on eBay
- eBay LINK keeps eBay and WooCommerce inventory and products in sync . There is a full sync between WooCommerce, eBay LINK will eBay once a day overnight but this can be scheduled at more regular intervals.
- Orders from eBay are sent back to WooCommerce for fulfilment. When the order is marked as shipped in WooCommerce, eBay LINK will update eBay with the carrier and tracking code.
- Make changes to price and product titles to optimise your products to sell on eBay
- Add a stock buffer to reduce the chance of overselling
- Choose eBay categories for your products to list in
- Block products you don’t want to sell on eBay - single products or exclude by keyword, brand
- Create product groups for shipping so you can have different shipping charges for different products. You can even do weight based and International shipping. eBay LINK supports Business Policies in eBay
eBay LINK has many features that eBay Sync did not, see this comparison.
- eBay LINK is free to use (like eBay Sync) however eBay Fees and Charges apply.