- eBay LINK requires a connection to your eBay seller account to update products, inventory and orders
- To check the connection between eBay LINK and eBay, go to Settings - eBay Australia - General Click 'Check Connection'.
- If there is no connection, click the 'Authorise Now' button.
NB: If you have more than one eBay account, you will have to pay extra attention to the authorisation process in order to avoid linking your eBay LINK account to the wrong eBay account.
If you only have 1 eBay account then you may skip steps 1 & 2 below:
The steps are listed below with corresponding screen captures.
- Logout of eBay.
- Close all browser windows. You are not logged out completely from the eBay authorisation server until all browser windows are closed.
Alternatively, use a different browser than the one you usually use to access eBay.
- Login to your BigCommerce or Shopify account then launch the eBay LINK app. If you have a direct login to eBay LINK, use that instead.
- From the eBay LINK Dashboard click "Connect to eBay".
Alternatively, go to Settings -> eBay Australia -> General -> click "Authorise Now"
- You will see a page titled "Important Note" that contains these very steps. Click "Continue to eBay"
- You will see the eBay login page. If you don't see the eBay login page, you have not correctly done the steps 1 & 2 above. Login to eBay making sure you use the correct account
- You will see a page asking you to grant application access for ebay LINK. Click "I agree"
- You will then see a page confirming the success of the authorisation process and what eBay account you have authorised. Please make sure again that you have connected the correct eBay account.
Click "Continue" and you will return to the Dashboard or the Settings page, depending on where you started the authorisation process.
If you have connected the wrong account, you can re-start the authorisation from the Settings page. Make sure you completely logout from eBay as mentioned at steps 1 & 2.