You are now managing your products and orders across multiple systems - your ecommerce store, eBay LINK and eBay. Here is a quick overview of what you should be doing where:
As a general rule:
- Manage products and orders from your ecommerce store unless you want to have something different on eBay to your ecommerce store.
- Use eBay LINK to list your products on eBay and make changes to price or product titles if you want something different on eBay to your ecommerce store.
- Do not change products in eBay.
- Continue managing your products in your ecommerce store i.e add new products, update inventory, change descriptions, add images etc.
- If you want to have a different price or product title on eBay to your ecommerce store then you can use the eBay LINK Promotions and Product Title features to do this.
- DO NOT change product listings on eBay as eBay LINK will over ride the changes during the next full sync.
- You should manage inventory from your ecommerce store.
- eBay LINK uses the inventory from your ecommerce store. If you have used the setting 'do not track inventory for this product' then eBay LINK assumes inventory of 10 so that the product lists on eBay.
- eBay LINK updates the inventory of a product in your ecommerce store when an order is sent through.
- To prevent oversells when selling across your ecommerce store and eBay, you can set a stock buffer in eBay LINK under 'Settings - Administration'. eBay LINK will reduce the inventory of a product on eBay based on the Stock Buffer added.
- All orders (with a few exceptions e.g failed orders) will be sent through to your ecommerce store for fulfilment.
- Mark orders as shipped in your ecommerce store with the tracking ID and Carrier. eBay LINK will automatically update the status of the order in eBay for you.
- If an order fails to send through to your ecommerce store, you will receive an email notification and you should look at the order in eBay LINK to determine why it hasn't sent through.