- eBay LINK is a handy app designed to make selling on eBay.com.au easier by automating the creation of listings and sending orders back to Shopify/BigCommerce for fulfilment.
- When you install the app, it will import the products from Shopify/BigCommerce into eBay LINK. You can then choose which products you want to list on eBay.
- You can also make changes to your products in eBay LINK without changing the products in your Shopify/BigCommerce store. Change details such as the price or product titles to ensure the best chance of making sales on eBay.com.au.
- Product Listings and inventory on eBay are kept in Sync with your Shopify/BigCommerce store via full product syncs and updates as they happen.
- The dashboard of eBay LINK summarises your Products and Orders. The Products section shows at a glance, how many products are listed or not listed and why.
- The orders section will give you a summary of orders received and also notify you of any order issues that you need to look at.
- You can also see a list of your top selling products on eBay.
- eBay LINK will do a full sync of all products once every 7 days, usually on a Saturday night around midnight. All product information such as price, inventory, description, images and title are updated.
- In between the full sync, products and inventory are kept up to date in almost ‘real time’. If you change the inventory eBay LINK will update the product listing on eBay.
- The weekly full sync and ‘real time’ updates ensure all products are kept up to date. The only exception to this is if you have changed a product in eBay LINK for eBay. For example, if you have created a pricing rule on a product in eBay LINK so that eBay has a different price to Shopify/BigCommerce, even if you change the price in Shopify/BigCommerce, the eBay price will remain as you have set it in eBay LINK.
- You can start a full sync anytime by using the button 'Import from Shopify/BigCommerce' on the Dashboard
- Use the 'Upload to eBay' button on the Dashboard any time you need to send changes from eBay LINK to eBay e.g if you have mapped products, blocked products, created a promotion, edited product titles etc.
Managing and Listing Products
How to List Products
- To list a product on eBay.com.au, you need to map it to an eBay category (i.e choose an eBay category to list the product in).
- For more information on how to do this, see the FAQs Creating and Managing Listings.
How to Block Products
If you have products that you don’t want to list on eBay, you can block them. There are a number of ways to block (or unblock) products.
- Single products: To block products go to the Products page from the left hand nav. Search for the product(s) you want to block. Check the box then from the ‘Actions’ menu, choose Block all selected.
- Block by Keyword: To block products by keyword, go to ‘Settings – Administration’ then scroll down to Product Exclusions.
- Bulk Block: There is also a bulk block or unblock feature. Go to
For more information on how to do this, see the FAQs on Blocking
Product Listing Errors
- Sometimes, not all products will list on ebay. If we have tried to list your products but there is a problem eBay returns a validation error. Any errors are listed under ‘Errors’ in the Dashboard.
- For more information on how to do this, see the Listing Errors FAQs
- To ensure that you don’t have products listing and sold on eBay, we recommend using a stock buffer. You can set this up under ‘Settings – Administration’. If you have a stock buffer set up, then the quantity listed on trade me will be your inventory less the stock buffer.
- Related FAQ: Stock Buffers
Optimising Products for eBay
- If you want to price your products on eBay differently to your Shopify/BigCommerce store i.e increase or decrease the price you can do so via the Promotions feature. From the left hand nav, select ‘Promotions – Add new’. You can apply a pricing rule to a group of SKU’s or all products.
- See the Promotions FAQs
- To maximise your chance of sales on eBay, its recommended to optimise your Product Titles with keywords such as the brand name, colour, size and/or what the product is however, you may not want to add this type of information to your titles in your Shopify/BigCommerce store.
- In eBay LINK you can change an individual product title for eBay. Go to ‘Products – All Products’ and in the table on the right hand side you will see a column ‘Product Title on eBay’. Click the product title to edit and save.
- You can also create a rule to apply a change to all product titles. Go to ‘Settings – Feeds’ and in the Product Name field enter the rule you want to apply. For help see the FAQ on Product Title
- eBay LINK checks eBay for orders every 10 minutes. Once the order is made available eBay LINK will import it and send it through to your BigCommerce store for fulfilment.
- If eBay LINK is unable to send the order through to BigCommerce, you will receive an email notification and a message will appear in the Dashboard of eBay LINK under the Orders section on the right. You will be able to click through to the order and see what the issue is and what you need to do to resolve it. For example, it may be as simple as correcting a mismatching postcode.
- eBay LINK will BigCommerce every 2 hours to see if the status of the order has changed to Shipped. Once the order has been marked as shipped in BigCommerce, eBay LINK will then update eBay with the Carrier and the Tracking ID. It is an eBay requirement that you need to provide the Carrier and Tracking ID to mark the order as shipped in eBay so please ensure that you add this information to BigCommerce when you fulfil the order.
- Related FAQS: BigCommerce Order Errors, Shopify Order Errors, General FAQs about Orders
- There are a number of different options available for shipping:
- At a minimum, you need one shipping policy. You can charge any amount or you can make it free.
- You can choose to charge or not to charge for additional items if a customer buys more than one product.
- Weight based shipping; charge a different amount depending on the weight of your products.
- Using Product Groups, you can create a group of products (based on criteria such as weight, price, retailer or marketplace category and brand) and have a different shipping policy for each group.
- Combined shipping: Based on a threshold e.g orders over $150
- Related FAQs: Shipping