How to create a Product Group:
- To create a Product Group, in eBay Link/go to 'Products' then 'Product Group'
- Click 'Add a product group'
- Name the Product Group to something relevant e.g Products over $100 or Weight over 5 kg so you know what it is. Or use the same name as the Shipping Policy or Promotion you want to use it for.
- Now define the products in the group.
- Price - put a min or max price in
- Weight - e.g if you want products over 5kg and your product weights are recorded in kg (rather than grams) put 5 in the Minimum Weight field. For a range, e.g 2-5 kg, put 2 in the min and 5 in the Max field.
- SKU: Only put SKU's in here if you want to specify the SKUs for the group, otherwise just use the criteria available. See Notes on SKU below to make sure you're using the correct data field.
- Marketplace: Choose which marketplace you want this Product Group to apply to - all or just one. You will need this selected if you plan to use Marketplace Categories for the Product Group
- Category - this includes your Retailer Categories on your ecommerce site and also the Category they are mapped to on the marketplace chosen e.g eBay. Just start typing and the categories will display. You can choose multiple categories.
- Brand - start typing and brands will start appearing. You can choose more than one Brand.
- Only enter SKUs if you have a specfic group of SKUs that you want in the product group
- To create a Product Group using Marketplace Categories e.g the Category your products are mapped to on eBay, make sure you have selected 'eBay' as the Marketplace. Then just start typing e.g
How to check a product has been added to a product group
- To confirm a product has been added to a product group, search for the product in the product table and click through to the page with the full product details.
- Scroll to the Product View Table - see example below.
Note on SKUs
- When you create the product group, the SKU you need to use is the data field that we call SKU in our system
- To find out the SKU, go to the Products table - the highlighted number is the SKU in our system.
- You can easily get a list of these numbers by exporting them to CSV - search or filter for the product(s) you need and click 'Export to CSV'
A further note for Shopify and Bigcommerce Users:
The actual field in Shopify and Bigcommerce called SKU is not a mandatory field nor a required field, for this reason some retailers do not populate the SKU field. Our App must have a SKU as part of the eBay listing requirement and because we cannot rely on these platforms providing that data via the SKU field we use the Product ID to create a SKU in eBay LINK. This eBay LINK SKU cannot be edited and it must be used when creating groups, promotions etc.